Wednesday, January 03, 2007

People get ready... he is coming back



On January 3, 1974 (33 years ago today, i like that) Dylan opens his first American tour in 8 years at Chicago Stadium, Chicago

On January 3, 2007 (33 years later) I discovered thanx to a very smart aussie friend of mine - they call him froggie, I call him Mende - that during one of the recent fall 2006 shows, Bob Dylan for the first time ever played few notes of a song he never performed before in his entire life, Farewell, Angelina, before going into When the Deal Goes Down.



http://www.files.eocfu.com/uploads/dealgoesdownboston06II.mp3

I'm doing a bet from more than two years that someday Bob Dylan have to play Farewell, Angelina. I got it, someway or another.

Oh, and in a 3 months he will come to visit me in my city once again. Get ready for Farewell, Angelina.

2 comments:

Fausto Leali said...

excellent post, Paolo.
See you at the next show in our city. ok ?

Paolo Vites said...

of course. Bob get sad if he dont see me in the audience..........

Rockin' all the way down to Italy

Poteva essere una cantina da qualche parte tra Juarez (ma non era il giorno di Pasqua) e il Rio Grande. Il cortile interno di un vecchio edi...